Northern Lights Gymnastics
White River Junction • Vermont
Northern Lights Gymnastics’ goals are to introduce basic motor skills and coordination while providing a challenge to each growing child. The focus for the younger children is on teaching spatial awareness, socialization and the simplest gymnastics skills. As the children grow the focus moves on to more intricate motor and gymnastics skills. We use unique games, encouragement and discipline to ensure that it is rewarding for all levels. Specialized preschool equipment makes learning safe and fun and gives children a chance to use and develop their bodies as they climb, jump, swing and tumble. We also introduce rhythmic gymnastics to the children through the use of ribbons, hoops, and balls. We keep classes small and friendly.
The following classes for preschoolers use a structured class format that includes a musical warm-up, two circuits, games and use of the trampoline and foam-filled “pit”. Circuits are circles of apparatus, including small beams, bars, hills, blocks, tunnels, etc.
- Baby Bears classes are early exploration classes designed for our youngest children (aged 16 – 24 months). Children attend with an accompanying adult, with a maximum of two adults per child.
- Me and My Shadow classes are for children aged 2 through 3 ½ years. Children attend with an accompanying adult, with a maximum of two adults per child.
- 3, 3 ½, 4, and 5 year old classes. Children taking these classes attend without an accompanying adult. Each age group works skills within the class that are developmentally appropriate and challenging.
The following classes for preschoolers use a slightly different class structure:
- 4/5 skill sharpener class is for 4 and 5 year old boys and girls who are ready to sharpen their existing skills and learn new skills with our skill of the week. This class will promote Kindergarten readiness by using patterns and sequencing with gross motor skills.
- Kimotion classes are “Kids in Motion” classes for children aged 4 and 5. These classes use music and movement in a game format as well as one gymnastics circuit per class. The children also have a musical warm up and game, as well as making use of the trampoline and “pit”.
- Preschool Trampoline classes include a musical warm up, one circuit, a game, plus use of both the long and big trampolines. The class is designed for 4 and 5 year olds.
- 3,4,5 Fun is a relatively new age grouping with our normal preschool structure. This class gives kids of different age groups a chance to work together. This class also allows additional options for siblings, homeschooled children and friends of different ages.
- Home School/Fitness classes will add fitness to your homeschooler’s curriculum in a circuit training format. Build strength, agility, flexibility and self esteem while having fun on our trampoline, foam pit, bars and other equipment. Class must be finished by 3:30 pm.
- Monday Mania, Wacky Wednesday, Fun Friday are classes for 3, 4 and 5 year olds. Each week we will have a musical warmup, game, one circuit and one special focus (e.g., big trampoline, challenge, fitness, pit).
- Supervised Gym gives children aged 16 months through kindergarten an opportunity to explore the gym at their own pace. Staff members are available to give instruction on our specialized equipment and on gymnastics skills. All children attend with an accompanying adult and walk-ins are welcome.
Please click on the PDF links below to access the current recreational class schedule and the registration form. Payment must accompany registration and registration begins two weeks prior to the start of a given session.
Please note that minimum age and grade requirements are established for safety and are strictly enforced. Children must be the age listed on the class schedule within the first week of the session. There are five preschool sessions each academic year. Please note that not all classes may be offered every session. Class rates are based on the length of the class and the number of weeks in the session and may vary slightly from session to session. Payment must accompany registration. There is NO video taking allowed in the gym. Pictures are permissible; however, please DO NOT tag any person besides your child in the picture.